TY96 - SLIMLINE 8.33KHz VHF RADIO - 10 WATT
Trig’s TY96 aviation radio defines a new standard in 8.33 kHz radio design. Combining great quality and performance each radio is housed within a superbly engineered unit, slim-line and light. At only 33mm high (1.3”) the radio saves valuable stack space, but retains innovative and practical features. The TY96 is a certified 10 Watt radio, designed for general aviation and light sport applications, it is ideally suited to the needs of experienced and novice pilots alike.
• 11-33 Volt operation (14V)
• Slim-line – only 33mm high
• Dimensions: Height-33mm, Width-159mm, Depth-231mm (behind panel)
• Bright, clear display / simple user interface
• Unique ‘Push Step’ for faster tuning
• 8.33kHz – ETSO and TSO approval (ETSO 2C128, 2C169a, TSO-C128a, TSO-C169a)
• Stereo music / two place intercom
• Dual Watch – monitor two frequencies at the same time
• ‘Say Again’ feature – allows playback of last transmission
• Emergency button
• Configurable airfield database – holds over 200 frequencies
• USB port on facia – upload frequency list (CSV file)
• Highly efficient – no cooling fans or external cooling required
• Ideal retro-fit for legacy radios
The TY96 display is clear and bright, showing both primary and secondary frequencies along with ICAO or custom set airfield identifiers. The Dual Watch feature allows two frequencies to be monitored at the same time – it’s like having two radios in one.
The radio has a ‘Say Again’ feature. A single button press replays the last radio transmission. This feature is ideal for student pilots, but every pilot can get distracted, so it avoids the embarrassment of asking air traffic to repeat a message. A one touch Emergency Button automatically sets 121.5 MHz, along with mic and volume levels. This ensures a successful transmission in what can be a stressful situation.
Each radio has a built in two place intercom with auxiliary inputs for stereo music and audio warnings. Each radio can also integrate with a GPS (SL40 protocol) to automatically display frequencies as they are required along the flight route. Finally, an airfield database can be loaded via the handy USB port. This database can contain over 200 of your preferred frequencies and identifiers.
The radio’s low profile design requires no external cooling fans. The radios compact size and features make it a great choice for both forward and retro-fit installations. Each radio is designed to easily integrate with legacy radios, these include popular KY 196A, KY 197A and SL 40 models.
All our TY96/97's have software version 1.5 or newer. This software improves receiver performance and radio reliability. There has been the odd report of radios "freezing" and needing to be powered down and restarted. This software update solves that issue. This update also improves compatibility with third party devices, including Dynon Skyview and Garmin G3X. Any customers who have previous software versions should contact us or Trig to have their TY96/97 software updated.